The Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) is seeking information on research efforts in the area of machine learning with a particular focus on deep learning. This request for information (RFI)is issued solely for information gathering and planning purposes; this RFI does not constitute a formal solicitation for proposals. The following sections of this announcement contain details of the scope of technical efforts of interest, along with instructions for the submission of responses.
Background & Scope
This RFI seeks capability statements relating to machine and deep learning. Responses to this RFI should address the following points:
- Respondent’s capabilities in the realm of machine and deep learning. Of specific interest is the respondent’s knowledge of, and experience implementing, current, cutting-edge machine learning techniques.
- Respondent’s ability to perform research and development at the TOP SECRET//SCI level. This includes the presence of qualified, cleared personnel as well as appropriate network access.
Preparation Instructions to Respondents
This information will be considered by the Government in formulating a potential program and list of sources. This announcement contains all of the information required to submit a response. No additional forms, kits, or other materials are needed.
IARPA appreciates responses from all capable and qualified sources from within the US.
Responses have the following formatting requirements:
- A one page cover sheet that identifies the title, organization(s), respondent's technical and administrative points of contact - including names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, and email addresses of all co-authors, and clearly indicating its association with RFI-19-04;
- A substantive, focused, one-half page executive summary;
- A description (limited to 5 pages in minimum 12 point Times New Roman font, appropriate for singlesided, single-spaced 8.5 by 11 inch paper, with 1-inch margins) of the relevant experience and capabilities;
- A list of citations (any significant claims or reports of success must be accompanied by citations).
Submission Instructions to Respondents
Responses to this RFI are due no later than 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, on January 17, 2019. All submissions must be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF document. Inquiries to this RFI must be submitted to email@example.com. Do not send questions with proprietary content. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Disclaimers and Important Notes
This is an RFI issued solely for information and planning purposes and does not constitute a solicitation. Respondents are advised that IARPA is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received, or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted under this RFI. Responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract.
Respondents are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI. IARPA will not provide reimbursement for costs incurred in responding to this RFI. It is the respondent's responsibility to ensure that the submitted material has been approved for public release by the information owner.
The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this RFI or to otherwise pay for the information solicited, nor is the Government obligated to issue a solicitation based on responses received. Neither proprietary nor classified concepts or information should be included in the submittal. Input on technical aspects of the responses may be solicited by IARPA from non-Government consultants/experts who are bound by appropriate non-disclosure requirements.
Contracting Office Address:
Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity
Washington, District of Columbia 20511
Primary Point of Contact:
Posted Date: December 4, 2018
Responses Due: January 17, 2019