Quantum Programs at IARPA
As part of its mission to address some of the most difficult challenges in the Intelligence Community by investing in high-risk, high-payoff research, IARPA sponsors several applied research programs that explore the potential and possibilities in quantum computing. Current and previous quantum computing programs include:
- Coherent Superconducting Qubits (CSQ), which is designed to demonstrate a reproducible, ten-fold increase in coherence times in superconducting qubits;
- Logical Qubits (LogiQ), which aims to build the first logical qubit;
- Multi-Qubit Coherent Operations (MQCO), which is working to develop the foundation of an error-free quantum computer;
- Quantum Computer Science (QCS), which developed the world’s first high-level quantum programming language and compilers; and
- Quantum Enhanced Optimization (QEO), which seeks to harness quantum effects required to enhance quantum annealing solutions to hard combinatorial optimization problems.
IARPA is always seeking novel ideas aligned with our mission, and quantum research is a specific focus of the Computing research thrust. If you are interested in working with IARPA through one of our existing solicitations, prize challenges, requests for information, or other mechanisms, please see this link for more details.
- To upgrade quantum computers, researchers look to materials science
- Quantum Communication and the Measure of a Paradox
- Air Force Seeks Ideas for How Quantum Computing Can Help Warfighters
- So What Is Quantum Computing Good For?
- Quantum computers: A little bit, better
- IBM Solves Quantum Computing
- Can quantum computing change the world? This start-up is betting on it.
- Google Tests First Error Correction in Quantum Computing
- Step forward for quantum computing
- IBM Shows First Full Error Detection for Quantum Computers
- Practical quantum computer a step closer, say IBM scientists
- A Piece of the Quantum Puzzle
- Microsoft’s Quantum Mechanics
- Syracuse's new cooling system heats up physics research
- IBM researchers make quantum computing breakthroughs
- Science: Quipper brings high-level programming to quantum computing
- IBM Brings Quantum Computing a Step Closer
- The Future of Quantum Information Processing
- Quantum Computing Could Bust Secret Codes — Someday
- Tunable spin–spin interactions and entanglement of ions in separate potential wells
- Ultrafast optical control by few photons in engineered fiber