The mission of the Office of Smart Collection is to dramatically improve the value of collected data. Particular areas of interest include:
- Innovative methods or tools for indentifying and/or creating novel sources of new information
- New ways of identifying and assessing collection systems for dramatically improved performance
- Sensor technologies that dramatically improve the reach, sensitivity, size, weight, and power for collection of a broad range of signal or signature types
- Tagging, tracking, and location techniques
- Electrically small antennas and other advanced RF concepts
- Agile architectures that intelligently distill useful information at the point of collection
- Innovative means and methods to ensure the veracity of data collected from a variety of sources.